The Technical Services Engineer II is responsible for providing technical support and deployment services for products deployed as a physical or virtual appliance on-premise or off-premise in a public cloud. The role supports a very wide range of customers in a highly technical environment and assisting with new customer deployments.
- Investigate and resolve incoming questions (phone and email) and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with new and upgrading Accellion customers on deployment of new Accellion solutions, alongside Customer Success Managers.
- Document all customer contact and activity, including troubleshooting steps and problem resolution and deployment progress, in our CRM system.
- Create knowledgebase articles and internal documentation.
- Participate in out-of-hours on-call rotation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience supporting global enterprise software companies.
- Specific intermediate level of knowledge in resolving complex product issues, security software products preferred.
- System Administration in LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/Python/PHP).
- Familiarity with enterprise environments: Directories (LDAP, Active Directory), single sign-on, Windows SharePoint.
- Networking, firewalls, routing issues, WAN, VPN, proxy, and DNS.
- Understanding of protocols DNS, SMTP, SFTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, SSH etc.
- Technical proficiency in Windows desktop and server environments, networking, security, virtual platforms, mobile devices and web applications.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism and ability to work in complex situations.
- Ability to manage time proactively as well as reactively when working on new deployments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively and work well as a part of a globally distributed team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field preferred.
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, open vacation plan, plentiful free food and drinks (once we are back in the office), and more!
Location: Portsmouth, NH
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered. Local candidates only. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.