The Technical Services Engineer I works closely with senior members of our technical services team to assist customers experiencing technical issues. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a member of our Technical Services team, you will:
- Provide highly responsive technical support for Kiteworks’s worldwide customer base by phone and email.
- Investigate and resolve incoming questions and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with senior technicians to progress advanced technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Document all customer contact and activity, including troubleshooting steps and problem resolution, in our CRM system.
- Create knowledgebase articles and internal documentation.
- Hands-on experience (1 to 2 years) supporting enterprise software companies or cloud services.
- Experience resolving product issues, security software products preferred.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server environments, Mac desktop, networking, security, virtual platforms, mobile devices and web applications.
- Exposure to Linux system administration in LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/Python/PHP).
- Exposure to enterprise environments: Directories (LDAP, Active Directory), single sign-on, Windows SharePoint.
- Exposure to networking, firewalls, routing issues, WAN, VPN, proxy, and DNS.
- Understanding of protocols DNS, SMTP, SFTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, SSH etc.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism and ability to work in complex situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively and work well as a part of a globally distributed team.
- Exhibit high ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field preferred.
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, open vacation plan, plentiful free food and drinks (once we are back in the office), and more!
Location: Portsmouth, NH
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered. Local candidates only. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.